If you’re looking for Lead Lag HVAC Info, you came to the right place. Below is the information we supply to our customers worldwide on how our Lead/Lag works, as well as the brochure that you can download for your knowledge.
Since 1998, Northern Air Systems has been a leading provider of specialized cooling systems worldwide. With thousands of systems in operation today, we have the lowest downtime of any cooling system on the market. Northern Air Systems has developed an integrated cooling system for many different industries, and has been the trusted name for quality and dependability.
Custom HVAC Products:
- Wall Mount
- Roof Mount
- Skid Mount
- Ruggedized Window Units
- Split Systems
- PCA Aviation Units
- Modified Units, Explosion Proof and Hazardous Location Systems
- Wireless Guardian
Lead/Lag HVAC Info
- Variables shared across all Units
- A change on any controller is carried to all
- Temperature Display Units (C/F)
- Room Temp Setpoint (C and F)
- Room Temp Setpoint Min and Max
- Room Hum Setpoint
- Room Hum Setpoint Min and Max
- Run Mode
- Evap Blower Settings (Mode/Turbo/Speed Settings)
- Cooling Setpoints
- Heating Setpoints
- Dehum Settings
- Humidifier Enable
- Password (Factory/Screen Lock)
- Screen Lock Settings
- Power Up Options
HVAC Unit Designation
- Up to 10 units can run in Lead/Lag if Lead/Lag Operation is enabled
- Controller with pLAN address of 1 will be set as MODBUS Master
- All remaining units will be set as MODBUS Slave’s with address equal to pLAN address
Lead/Lag HVAC Settings
- Units on Network
- Set to how many units to be used
- Sensor Option
- Can use Master Unit’s Temp/Hum sensor or Average all units’ sensors
- Duty Units
- Number of units to run at all times — Primary Units
- Max Units
- Maximum number of units that can run at the same time — Primary & Stand by Units
- Day Rotation
- Number of days before a Duty unit is rotated to a Stand by unit
- One Duty unit is swapped with one Stand by unit at each Day Rotation interval
- Supplemental Cooling
- Degrees F above setpoint to bring on next Stand by unit
- Supplemental Heating
- Degrees F below setpoint to bring on next Stand by unit
Units run in selected Lead/Lag Run Mode (ROTATION, SUPPLEMENTAL, ROT/SUPP)
- Duty units will run Lead_Lag_Days of 7 days (Factory Default), after which the lowest addressed Duty unit will shut down and become a Stand by unit, and the next in line Stand by unit will become a Duty unit.
- If a Fault occurs on a Duty unit, Rotation will commence.
- Duty units will always run.
- If Room Temperature rises Supp_Cooling_SP of 2°F (Factory Default) above Room_Temp_SP, the next in line Stand by unit is enabled.
- For each additional Room Temperature rise of Supp_Cooling_SP of 2°F (Factory Default) above Room_Temp_SP, another Stand by unit will be enabled until Max units is reached.
- If Room Temperature drops Supp_Heating_SP of 2°F (Factory Default) below Room_Temp_SP, the next in line Stand by unit is enabled.
- For each additional Room Temperature drop of Supp_Heating_SP of 2°F (Factory Default) below Room_Temp_SP, another Stand by unit will be enabled until Max units is reached.
- Once Room Temperature equals Room_Temp_SP, all Stand by units are disabled.
- If a Fault occurs on a Duty unit, a Stand by unit will swap with Faulted Duty unit.
- If a Fault occurs on a current running Stand by unit, the next in line Stand by unit will swap with faulted Stand by unit.
- Both Rotation and Supplemental features function.