Assembler – HVAC Custom Manufacturing
Location: Rochester, NY – Buffalo Rd
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assembles assigned product parts on assembly line in accordance with production guidelines.
- Performs mechanical tasks when necessary to include drilling, sawing, and grinding.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written instructions and engineering drawings.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty per required standards and quality requirements.
- Cuts and bends metal parts for projects.
- Maintains organization of the shop in a clean, orderly, and safe manner.
- Learn and use material flow and job packets information.
- Complete all required reports and associated paperwork.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Possesses the following skills/traits:
- Blueprint reading
- Proficient with common power tools – hand drill, etc.
- Self-motivated, focused and results oriented
- Self-determined and driven to achieve defined goals
- Clear, concise and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a team player and perform assigned duties as required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to solve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- None required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and use hands. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
If you would like to print and fill out a physical application, you can do so by clicking the link below for the PDF document. Otherwise, you may fill out the digital form below and attach your resume and cover letter.
APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
NORTHERN AIR SYSTEMS, INC. IS AN AT-WILL EMPLOYER AS ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE STATE LAW. THIS MEANS THAT REGARDLESS OF ANY PROVISION IN THIS APPLICATION, IF HIRED, NORTHERN AIR SYSTEMS, INC. MAY TERMINATE THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE OR NOTICE.
Please complete all questions. Resumes are not a substitute for a completed application.